My research lies at the interface of operations research and information systems. I look at problems in information aggregation, telecommunications, operations management, and production analysis using non-linear and linear optimization, game theory, and statistics. If you have any questions about any of the work listed, then please contact me. You can find more information about my publications on my Google Scholar profile.
- Stanko Dimitrov, Oben Ceryan. Optimal Inventory Decisions when Offering Layaway. International Journal of Production Research, to appear. pdf
- Chen Di, Stanko Dimitrov, Qi-Ming He. Incentive Compatibility in Prediction Markets: Costly Actions and External Incentives. International Journal of Forecasting, to appear.
- Jenyi Chen, Stanko Dimitrov, Hubert Pun. The Impact of Government Subsidy on Supply Chains’ Sustainability Innovation. OMEGA - The International Journal of Management Science, to appear.
- Arthur Carvalho, Stanko Dimitrov, Kate Larson. On Proper Scoring Rules and Cumulative Prospect Theory. EURO Journal on Decision Processes, to appear.
- Jiaxin Liu, Stanko Dimitrov. Open Shortest Path First Routing under Random Early Detection. Networks, 2018, 71(2):120-135. pdf; journal page
- Majid Karimi, Stanko Dimitrov. On the Road to Making Science of "Art": Risk Bias in Market Scoring Rules. Decision Analysis, 2018, 15(2):72-89. (INFORMS Decision Analysis Society Student Paper Finalist 2017) pdf
- Michael Bartolacci, Stanko Dimitrov. Promoting Resiliency in Emergency Communication Networks: A Network Interdiction Stylized Initial Case Study Model of a Miami-Dade County Network. International Journal of Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management (IJISCRAM), 2017, 9(1):1-10. pdf
- Jenyi Chen, Stanko Dimitrov. Eco-Innovation with Opportunity of Licensing and Threat of Imitation. Journal of Cleaner Production, March 2017, 147:306-318. pdf
- Xiaopeng Yang, Stanko Dimitrov. Data Envelopment Analysis may Obfuscate Corporate Financial Data: Using Support Vector Machine and Data Envelopment Analysis to Predict Corporate Failure for Nonmanufacturing Firms. INFOR: Information Systems and Operational Research, 2017, 55(4):295–311. pdf
- Lifei Jiang, Stanko Dimitrov, Benny Mantin. P2P marketplaces and retailing in the presence of consumers' valuation uncertainty. Production and Operations Management, March 2017, 26(3):509–524. pdf
- Arthur Carvalho, Stanko Dimitrov, Kate Larson. Inducing Honest Reporting of Private Information in the Presence of Social Projection. Decision, January 2017, 4(1):25–51. pdf
- Arthur Carvalho, Stanko Dimitrov, Kate Larson. How Many Crowdsourced Workers Should a Requester Hire? Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence, September 2016, 78(1):45-72. pdf
- Brian P. Cozzarin, Stanko Dimitrov. Mobile Commerce and Device Specific Perceived Risk. Electronic Commerce Research, September 2016, 16(3):335-354. pdf
- Andrew Brown, Stanko Dimitrov, Ada Barlatt. Routing Distributions and their Impact on Dispatch Rules. Computers & Industrial Engineering, 88, October 2015, 293-306. pdf
- Stanko Dimitrov, Rahul Sami, Marina Epelman. Subsidized Prediction Markets for Risk Averse Agents. ACM Transactions on Economics and Computation, 3(4), July 2015. pdf
- Stanko Dimitrov. Comparing Data Envelopment Analysis and Human Decision Making Unit Rankings: A Survey Approach. Economic Quality Control, 29(2), Jaunary 2015, 129-141. pdf
- Lin Yang, Stanko Dimitrov, Benny Mantin. Forecasting Sales of New Virtual Goods with the Elo Rating System. Journal of Revenue & Pricing Management, 13(6), October 2014, 457–469. pdf
- Nedialko B. Dimitrov, Stanko Dimitrov, Stefanka Chukova. Robust decomposable Markov decision processes motivated by allocating school budgets, European Journal of Operational Research, 239(1), 2014, 199 - 213. pdf
- Jenyi Chen, Stanko Dimitrov. National and Store Brand Advertising Strategies. Journal
of the Operational Research Society, 66(8), August 2015, 1237-1249. pdf
- Warren Sutton, Stanko Dimitrov. The U.S. Navy Explores Detailing Cost Reduction via
Data Envelopment Analysis. European Journal of Operational Research,
227 (1), May 2013, 166–173. pdf
- Stanko Dimitrov, Warren Sutton. Generalized Symmetric Weight Assignment Technique: Incorporating Managerial Preferences in Data Envelopment Analysis Using a
Penalty Function. OMEGA - The International Journal of Management Science,
41 (1), January 2013, 48-54. pdf
- Yiling Chen, Stanko
Dimitrov, Rahul Sami, Daniel M. Reeves, David M. Pennock, Robin D. Hanson,
Lance Fortnow, Rica Gonen. Gaming Prediction Markets: Equilibrium Strategies
with a Market Maker. Algorithmica, 58 (4), December 2010, 930-969. pdf
- Stanko Dimitrov, Warren
Sutton. Promoting Symmetric Weight Selection in Data Envelopment Analysis: A
Penalty Function Approach. European Journal of Operational Research,
200 (1), January 2010, 281–288. pdf
Potential Graduate Students
I tend to add accept one graduate student per academic year, if funding is available. If you are a student currently in North America, then please feel free to reach out to me by email. Unfortunately, I am not able to respond to all requests to assess fit to work with me, but I encourage intested students to apply to graduate studies in the Management Sciences department
. If you are particularly interested in working with me, then please fill out the online assessement
to see if there is mutual interest in working with me.